Monday, June 29, 2009

Day Three

This recap business is hanging over my head! Okay, so day three...

We had an absolutely delightful breakfast on the porch of Porches, the B&B we stayed in at New Hope(notice all the porches.) Despite my initial frustration of having no hairdryer, it really was adorable, quaint and breakfast rocked. Including the coffee. However, that didn't stop us from visiting the Starbucks around the corner. After breakfast, we took a walking tour of New Hope and went across the river to Lambersville, NJ.

Then it was time to get back on the bike and take the slow way to Philly, which included stopping at several of M's old haunts during his stay in Perkasie 2 years ago.

We parked the bike up on the sidewalk in down town Philly and got checked in. We went downstairs to get a drink, only to discover the hotel bar was under construction. So, we headed down to an Irish pub just a few blocks away. We were having a great time, but I just really wanted to freshen up. Remember, we were supposed to do that dress up dinner anniversary thing... well, you know those best laid plans... We headed back and we did freshen up, but I just wasn't feeling the outfit I brought, so it was jeans again. M. took me to this happening place where he ordered me a "Pim's cup." He'd been talking about it for months. It was indeed very good, cucumber slice and all. We had an excellent appetizer of Ahi tuna. I don't recall why we left, but we went in search of steak and ended up at a place called "Prime Rib." It basically reminded me of Morton's or Ruth Chris... everything is ala carte and expensive, but also delicious. There was a roudy table of guys for a bachelor party behind us that were creating quite a scene. Not quite the romantic dinner we had in mind, but certainly entertaining. Despite the commotion (that got us free drinks), I was able to give M. his gift. Which was a new wedding band. He lost his original at the beach 2 years ago after I had finally gotten it sized up. He hadn't worn it for several years. So, here we were, 10 years later and finally correctly ringed up. :)

It was getting late, but I really wanted to make the most of our last night out. I forced M. into going back to the Irish pub, but the atmosphere had completely changed and was, well, just annoying. So, our last night we made it to about 12:30. Not once did we have that night we were expecting of partying to the wee sma's. In actuality, despite all of our various stops at locations that serve libations, we were very conservative. When one is on two wheels, it is best to be a little careful that you don't fall off.

Day 4 at a later date.


Post a Comment

<< Home