Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Really?

I decided to give up sweets for Lent. No, I'm not Catholic or any other brand of Christianity that requires it. If fact, I don't even know what "brand" of Christian I am any more, but that's a whole 'nother story. Anyway, so I've only given something up for Lent once before, and it was sweets then too. I have a problem with sweets, chocolate in particular. At work, we have this giant basket of communal bite size candy bars. If I could manage moderation, I'd be okay with this, but no, I end up eating like 10 of these things a day. At home, it's chocolate chips if I'm too lazy to actually make the cookies. So, yes, I have a self control issue with sweets and I'm going to take this time to work on it.
And on this very first day of Lent, I walked into my office this morning to find... 2 fresh boxes of Girl Scout Thin Mints. Really? Did that really happen? I think if I stared long enough, one of those girl's faces may have morphed into the devil laughing at me... HA HA HA. Here's to day one of 40. Let the self control, heavily aided by much prayer, begin!

2 Comments:

Blogger stella g. said...

this post makes me laugh. it's so you. :) i'm sorry to say that i'll probably bringing sweets with me this weekend. unlike you, i did NOT give them up. but i'll hide them from you if you want!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

hi karen,
i am expecting this weekend to be quite a challenge, but that's part of the point, right? :) don't feel like you need to hide your sweets!
see you soon!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home