Friday, December 19, 2008

Sharing Christmas

Better late than never, right? Well, most of ya'll know I'm rather minimalist when it comes to decorating. I actually did a little better this year than some other years, but still doesn't come close to most of what I see on Megan's blog.

So, here we go.
We, too, go to the "daddy store" for our tree, though no one here calls it that. So, here's the entrance of the tree.



And here's getting the tree set up:
And here's our ornament box. Our ornaments are a mix of my ornaments growing up, lots of Polish hand blown glass from M's mom, and the rest just picked up here and there and I'm not really sure where they came from...


And here's the finished project.
Now, those of you who were part of the recent email string will notice that the lights are white, not colored. We used to have colored, but I could not find them, and since we had white, white it became... I do prefer colored and blinking though. I'm immature like that.
Next is our homemade stockings. I would love to take credit for them, but all I do is buy the material and take it to my mom. I somewhat regret the size. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now it's impossible to fill them up.
And lastly, we hang all our cards on the arch going into the dining room.



And that's it. I hope you enjoyed the tour of our Christmas. I've enjoyed your!
Merry Christmas!

6 Comments:

Blogger Vileation Nation said...

Erin...it's a friendly blog-stalker, Amy! A fellow GCC alum from over at the Vileation Nation. I just figured out that the fancy beautiful ornaments are Polish glass this year...I love those!! I think they will be our tradition for the ornament that we give our son each year. Love them! Also, I just want to say that I love your ornament BOX! It's like a beautiful treasure chest! Maybe I need to find something a little more fun than old Macy's shirt boxes that I put in big rubbermaid bins... Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing!!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I love the photo of the tree being brought in...it's like we all got to be a part of your decorating! And I totally see the appeal of blinking colored lights- who doesn't love a Christmas disco?! Thanks for sharing!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I am just so jealous of fireplaces - it makes your home look so festive and you really don't have to do anything! I also like the ornament box - I agree with Amy that it seems like a treasure chest!
I would love to see some close ups of the polish glass ornaments - a request for next year!
Thanks for sharing Erin. Oh yeah - love those hard wood floors!

8:22 AM  
Blogger LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

I too love the bringing in the tree shot. Way to document the play by play!

Merry Christmas! Thanks for inviting us all over!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hi Ladies,
Thanks for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed the pics. I am a sucker for play by play, but it creates SO MANY PICS. But it's great to look back on years gone by and remembering. I'll try to remember Polish ornament closeups for next year!

6:09 AM  
Blogger stella g. said...

erin, the tree is beautiful. that's been my favorite parts of seeing everyone's homes. i think they represent a family so well. and i love that you included marcin bringing it in. great candid!

hope your christmas was awesome!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home