Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giant

Is second child syndrome capturing me so quickly. I've barely said a word about this wee one I've spent the past 10 weeks with. So, to summarize, C. is huge. Giant. Bigger than N. He's over 95% in all measurements. He weighed in at a whopping 15 lbs, 8.5 oz at his 2 month appt. He's wearing 6 month clothes because I can't button the 3-6 variety any more. His little personality is starting to show a bit. He's smiling and laughing and definitely lets you know if he's hungry. It rather amazes me that I make enough milk for him. He eats so fast that he ends up having a belly full of air, which means that he's also very gassy. Toots and belches louder than many adults, excluding his father. :) He sleeps in his bassinet *sometimes*. I try, but I just love sleeping with a little one curled up beside me. I know it will bite me in the butt in a few short months, but they grow up so fast that it just seems worth it. I have less than 2 weeks left of maternity leave, so I'm trying to savor all these days that can sometimes seem so long. I know it's quite cliche, but life's minutes seem so long, but years so short. As I'm pretty sure this is our last baby, I'm trying to relish every minute of it. Even the cranky ones.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

2 Comments:

Blogger stella g. said...

he is a C U T I E ! i'm glad you're able to spend so much time with him right now. i'm laughing that he's so big!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Karen,
Did I mention GIANT! :)

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home