Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rotten or over-ripe

Okay, so now I'm a brown banana. With mushy parts. A bruised peach. And I'm not even officially "overdue." I'm mostly irritated b/c I really thought labor was starting yesterday, but then the contractions went away. Then I got up at 3 this morning because of tiny bladder, and I had a few more which only succeeded in keeping my awake until 6 wondering when the next one was coming. And then they stopped. I didn't experience this with N. The day before she was born, I knew the contractions were different and that this was the real thing. I just had no idea how long it would last. This time, I feel like I can tell that they're "real" contractions, but they just come and go and aren't leading anywhere... frustrated.
Anyway, many of your predictions are now overdue, as a lot of people had me going early. If I manage to have the baby in the next 12 hours, that makes Mom and Karen tied for date... I think someone else has tomorrow: Shannon. I'm hoping to make one of you three the winner.

1 Comments:

Blogger stella g. said...

love the imagery! over-ripe. ha! sorry for the false alarms. i don't even know what that's like, but i feel for you. if i'm the Karen you speak of... then i'm praying extra hard for today!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home