Thursday, June 26, 2008

Highway Driving Survey

Okay, so you're going 70 in a 55 mph zone in the left lane and passing many cars in the right lane. Some maniac comes up behind you tailgaiting. It's pretty trafficy. What do you do?
1) Immediately get over into the right lane, even though that traffic is going slower than 70
2) Wait until you've passed several cars and the right land is clear and then get over
3) Drive faster - no one's gonna show you up
4) Drive slower - teach that jerk a lesson
5) Do nothing, keep going. You are going 15 miles over the speed limit anyway...

4 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I would say a mix between 2 and 5. Depends on my mood!

10:08 AM  
Blogger stella g. said...

i would definitely say 2. just because somebody is impatient enough to speed even more than me, i wouldn't really alter my course until it's convenient for me to get out of his way.

9:56 PM  
Blogger greg milinovich said...

like megan, i think it partially depends on my mood, but i would say that at least 75% of the time, i get into the right lane as soon as i can. this is only if i can tell that the car behind me wants/needs to go much faster than me. if there is just steady traffic in all lanes, i don't feel the need to get over. but if i look in my rearview mirror and see someone moving up behind me quickly, i get over as soon as i can. i guess i do this because i am a major stickler about this. when i am in the left lane and i come up behind someone who won't get over into the next lane, i begin to flash my lights and honk my horn and gesture and say things that i wouldn't want my toddler to repeat.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Funny, the women are 2's! I'm a 2. I refuse to slam my brakes on so i can get into the right lane if i am going more than fast enough in the left lane. once the traffic in the right lane eases up, i will get over as soon as i can. M. insists that i should get over immediately even if that means braking to fit into traffic... probably b/c, like you, greg, he totally freaks out if someone's in his way in left lane...interesting.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home