Thursday, April 17, 2008

potty training update

Okay, so after quite a bit of panic about how to leave the house with a quasi-potty trained 25 month old, I just figured I'd have to just do it and cross my fingers. I was prepared with extra clothes, papertowels and a lot of deodorant (on me-i really get stressed about publically embarrassing situations), and so we ventured to two different stores last Friday. No accidents. Since then, we've been braver and braver, trying a couple restaurants, etc. So far so good, though we are frequenting public bathrooms and I'm doing my best to be as germ proof as I can. As we are now well into the second week, we have very few daytime accidents and mostly dry naps. For the past 4 nights, we've had two dry and two wet. I'm still putting a diaper on her for naps and nighttime, though I may start skipping the naps soon...
I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was. It was really just one full day of the constant trips followed by Dorito rewards... after that, she pretty much tells me when she needs to go or if it's been a long time, I will ask her. I know some kids/people have a really hard time, and I certainly did not have success when I tried earlier. But I don't know that this makes me some kind of potty training expert. I think I just happened to pick a good time when she was ready and happened to have some doritos in the house... Seriously, I really don't think it would have happened if I had tried to reward her with, say, raisins or cheerios. It needed to be something decidedly wicked. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home