Saturday, March 08, 2008

Stoked

You may recall from a couple of my initial posts that M. and I (we are sure to soon indoctrinate N.) are huge fans of Over the Rhine. We are so stoked that we are going to get to see them live in Pittsburgh in three weeks. I don't think we've seen them live since December '05 in Columbus. Between a baby and them not coming to PA, we just haven't had the opportunity. I'm very curious to see which songs from the new CD - Trumpet Child, they perform live. Like greg said, it is a sexy little album and I often still see Karin as somewhat of a shy performer. I think she's much less shy then she used to be, but I have a hard time seeing her sing, "red wine on my lips, I got this black silk slip on my hips" to anyone but Linford. We shall see. Perhaps they'll just sing the more polical songs from that album. Has anyone else seen them since Trumpet Child came out? They actually coming sooner, but they're opening for Ani DeFranco. I wouldn't mind seeing her too, but those tickets are much more expensive and I'm not that familiar with Ani's stuff to make it worth it. I'm one of those people that like to know all or most of an artists material before going to a show. I don't obnoxiously sing along the whole time, but I do want to know the songs and what the lyrics are. I'm really big into lyrics. Often more than the music. To me, a song might be really cool musically, but if the lyrics are weird or don't make sense, it will often ruin the song for me.
A bit of a tanget. Anyway, I'll be sure to write a review of the show and let you all know how it was... in the mean time, if anyone's seen them recently, let me know what you thought.

1 Comments:

Blogger greg milinovich said...

haven't seen them since last year, but i've heard them do a few of the songs from trumpet child (trouble, i don't want to waste your time, i'm on a roll). you know that i adore them. i am jealous!
greg.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home