Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas

Okay, so Megan linked us all up on her blog, so I feel obligated to put something up here about Christmas at our house... Um, low key might be the best way to describe us, albeit L.A.Z.Y. might be more accurate. So, yes, I finally did get a little tree up last weekend, but I haven't gotten all the decorations on it. However, I've been in Kentucky all week on business and just haven't had much time. I will also hang our stockings. And, well, that will be it until I wrap last minute presents to put around the tree. Basically, I stink at this stuff. I don't like to decorate. I have a hard time getting super motivated about Christmas because I'm married to Scrooge... not in the miserly way, but just the "bah-humbug" way. There's a lot of history behind that situation that would take a shrink years to unpack. So I just leave it where it is and try to make the best of the holidays, especially now that we have a kid. But it's just a bad combination of my procrastination and his humbug.
A few things that I do always do, however, is Christmas baking with my mom and sister and now, daughter. We did that 2 weeks ago and had a pretty nice time. We also always go shopping for my mom with my dad very near Christmas when we go downtown to see all the department store windows, etc. I'm looking forward to that on Saturday.
I would add a few pics to this, but I'm in KY w/o a camera...
So, Merry Christmas to all.

6 Comments:

Blogger greg milinovich said...

even the grinch loved christmas, in the end...

greg.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Erin thanks for sharing even though it's been a rough year for you guys! I hope you and Marcin get to a point where you can really enjoy Christmas as a family - I know that it can be tough for some because it brings so many old memories back to the surface.
I think it's so fun that you're continuing the store front tradition with your dad and Nadia - never living near a city to me that sounds so festive and special.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

It stinks hen your out of town around the busy holiday. I hope your heart is filled with the love of God and that first blessed Christmas even if your house can't be! Love ya!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Crafty P said...

You decorate the way I decorate!!! Seriously... my decorations made their way up very slowly (as in Friday!). It's all good though- I like the gradual transformation.

Have a blessed Christmas, Erin, you'll be in my prayers as you celebrate this blessed event.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Miss French Jessica said...

Merry Christmas! :D

6:31 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Merry Christmas :) :)

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home