Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Weird Pet Peeves

Okay, I don't know who reads this anymore, except Megan, but I need to get that depressing post down and this is the best I can come up with... a list of my weird pet peeves... so here goes:
1) Leaving time on the microwave if you don't go all the way to the beep. What's so hard about hitting "clear" so the time comes back up??
2) Not replacing toiletpaper when it runs out... but on top of that... getting a new roll and just perching it on top of the new roll. What gives? I have timed it... it takes 5 seconds to replace the roll and throw the old one into the trash.
3) Grocery store check out clerks that throw your handpicked veggies/fruit down the belt as if they are bowling.
4) People that use the self check out lines at the grocery store and have NO IDEA what they are doing.
5) People who think it's okay to touch my kid. what the heck? do you want me to grab your face??
6) Inadequate paper supplies at a table when you are out to eat. Hello, I have an 18 month old here. How many times do i need to ask for a few more napkins. Bring me 20 to start with!
7) Disgusting kids meal options at most restaurants. Why do people think little ones need to a plateful of fried food? And we wonder why there's an obesity problem in our culture.
8) Receiving an invitation word of mouth. Come on people! I have a phone number, an address and an email account. Get in touch with me yourself or don't expect me to be there.
9) Big birthday parties for little kids... It has been determined among my immediate family that our kids will only get "big" parties for 1, 10, 13(maybe) and 16. Other than that, it's a quiet family dinner.
10) Political conversations where no one is going to change anyone else's mind.

So, to anyone out there who still reads, what are your top 10 peeves?

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Haha - I totally leave time on the microwave and put the toilet paper roll on top of the holder - pure laziness! I know it's annoying and just can't seem to stop myself - with the toilet paper thing. The microwave one never even crossed my mind!

7:39 PM  
Blogger greg milinovich said...

erin - i still read!

i will have to think about 10 pet peeves, but one that immediately comes to mind is people who come to an almost complete stop before turning right, especially if there is room for them to get onto the shoulder before they turn right. ohmygosh that makes me angry.

i totally agree with the self-checkout thing, too.

as far as your grandma 'not knowing jesus' i would love to talk to you more about that, if you ever want to. i just have a different perspective on it and would love to hear your thoughts, too. just an offer...

still reading,
greg.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Megan! Please tell me you DO NOT perch the new roll on top of the old roll!! I can't take it!!! :)
Greg, Nice to hear from you. Would be interested in a conversation about Gram. Shannon has my email if you do not.

Erin

9:51 AM  
Blogger stella g. said...

i read, too!!! pet peeves, hmmm. two digital clocks in the same room a minute or two apart. augh!

karen.g

7:52 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

karen,
That is definitely a weird one... and, for the record, who needs two clocks in the same room???

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home