Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Mourning

I'm sure by now everyone has heard about the VA Tech shootings. I've found myself oddly mesmerized by this story. I want to know more and more. Why, why do such things happen in this world of ours? I was on my way to work this morning, and I have about 30 minutes of easy driving which I use to pray. I was thinking on this event and started praying, "Come, Lord Jesus, Come." Take us away. It's too much. This world is too terrible. I have a child now. This could some day happen to my child. It happend to 32 mother's children. I could not bear it. How can they bear it? And as I was asking God to come and take us away, rescue us, I heard something else. No. You are here for a reason. Your job is to make the world better, brighter, kinder. Love. You need to love. You need to show your love. Stop being so self absorbed. Stop being so inner focused. Share. Care. And my prayer changed. My prayer changed to Show me. Show me how to share. Help me care. People need our help. I'm so self absorbed, I forget to care. It's hard for me to share. Lord, help me help others.

1 Comments:

Blogger greg milinovich said...

erin this is an awesome post. what you have written here really resonates with my spirit. i just don't think the goal for us as Christ followers can be that Jesus come and take us away, but rather that God's kingdom would come, that God's will would be done here on earth. now. and clearly, the only way that is going to happen is if we start to love one another more.

i was moved by your post today. thank you.
greg.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home