Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy, Happy Birthday, Baby!



Please excuse the absence. I realize I haven't posted in a while. Life is just so busy... and to think I was harrassing Kate about her ever present Christmas tree...

Well, it's been a year. A full year. It's hard to imagine how quickly a year can go by when you're watching your child grow and blossom in front of you. I spent part of the day Sunday watching all the little snippets of movies I've taken of N. over the past year. I can't believe how small she was just a scant year ago. I can't believe how it took her months to figure out how to roll over, and now she's gone from pulling up to standing to crusing to almost walking in just a few weeks. It's like their ability to learn new things grows exponentially.

It's been a great first year. There were some ups and downs as we've gotten to know each other. Some hard times when I was working full time and didn't feel like I was being a mother at all. Some great times of watching her learn and cuddling with her and smelling her sweet baby breath. I really don't think there is anything better in life than a small little human asleep on your chest.

And of course, I think she's beautiful and smart and funny and talented. I mean, who isn't enamored with the way your own baby says, "ba ba ba ma da ba?" It's all gone so fast and I want to cherish every moment. It's hard to explain to anyone who isn't a parent how much love you can have for a little human.

So, my non Irish, St. Paddy's Day baby is One. Amazing.

2 Comments:

Blogger greg milinovich said...

hi there. good to have you back. you've been missed...

1:56 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Welcome back! I saw your comment on my blog and was excited to hear from you! Happy birthday Nadia....how's the nursing and sleeping going these days?

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home