Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Summation

I've been meaning to get on here and address some things - inappropriate laughter and Halloween for sure.
Our Halloween was a bust. Nadia had a very high fever, and she's so little that we didn't even consider trick or treating. She didn't actually even put her bunny costume on for a picture because I just felt so bad for her that I didn't want to torture her any more than necessary. With the medicine and the nose sucking, it just didn't seem fair to add "stuffing into costume."
On the topic of inappropriate laughter, brought up by Megan, I also suffer terribly from this. Any time someone gets hurt (not too badly) or just any awkward moment is happening, my initial response is to just start to giggle. Sometimes, it can be very inappropriate, especially if someone is in pain and I'm laughing away!! My sister and I both suffer from this problem and have discussed it a few time about how uncontrollable it is. Does everyone have this problem, or is it just Megan, me and my sister?? :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Poor Nadia! I am hoping by now she is feeling better. I am not looking forward to the first time Will gets sick...I can imagine you feel a little helpless!

As for the uncontrollable laughter, I can totally relate! I imagine everyone can to some degree, but maybe some of us more than others. At Bible study the other night someone was sharing something so serious and I started thinking about how awful it would be if I started laughing. Well, you can guess where that landed me. I kept pretending to get things out of my bag to hide myself I was giggling so hard. I eventually had to start biting my lip...HARD...to get control. It's awful, isn't it. It is definitely more the fact that you're not supposed to laugh that makes it harder to control.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home