Friday, September 29, 2006

in which i don't complain

I'm trying to have a new perspective. It's called, "why not me." I heard a powerful sermon last Sunday, and it's really helped me get through this week. Hopefully, it will be a lesson I learn for life, but it's so easy to fall back into old habits. The premise of the message is that we should be asking "Why NOT me?" instead of "Why me?" I have a lot going on right now... I have a rental house where both tenants are moving out, I have two vehicles that I need to sell and not a bite on either (one of which M. recently drove into a piece of construction equipment and now needs $1000 work of work), my basement is a laboratory for mold, and the whole work issue. I could complain; I could wallow; I could ask, "why me?" I could be a whiner. Instead, our pastor encouraged us to recognize that we know our final destination, so life's little bumps can we dealt with because we know the end of the story. It definitely hit a chord for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Thanks for the encouragement Erin! I am always amazed at how I allow my circumsances to affect my attitude, which then affects my actions, which undoubtedly creates diffent circumstances to affect my attitude again...and so on. It's a vicious cycle. One thing the Lord has been teaching me is how much I allow Satan to warp my thoughts in a way that justifies my complaining heart. Even simple thoughts like "I just need to get it off my chest and then I'll be fine" are lies from the enemy. They have an incredible impact on our ability to glorify God amidst our circumstances. I am slowly learning to view my circumstances in light of the cross, rather than viewing the cross in light of my circumstances. It's a long journey but I so appreciate your reminder!!!!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home