Monday, August 14, 2006

Sickness in Summer

Yes, I know... viruses don't know what season it is. However, it just seems so odd to have a "cold" in the middle of summer. My almost 5 month old daugher (N) picked up a cold at day care* and promptly infected the rest of the family. My husband (M) took the worst of it, missing 1 1/2 days of work and coughing his lungs up periodially for 4 days. N had it a stuffy nose and the cutest little baby cough you ever did hear. I felt so bad that she was sick, but that cough was just adorable. I just had a touch of sore throat and runny nose.
On other health news, N. just cut her fourth tooth! I almost cried when I saw those teeth coming in. She's growing so fast. I want to savor these baby days.
I was super excited this morning to put on a pair of dress pants that hadn't fit since pre-pregnancy. They're my favorite pants ever, and I was bummed that at 3 months post partum, a lot of my clothes still didn't fit, despite the fact that I was within 5 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight. All my friends/family told me it would just take a little more time. I am now a couple pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight (thanks to a nasty intestinal virus a couple weeks back) and more and more of my clothes are fitting. This is definitely a relief to me because I definitely want to get back into good shape. One question though, does the belly button ever look the same again?? :)

*The fact that my daughter is in daycare is a long story. One I hope to get to shortly. A couple days ago I had written a long introductory entry and somehow lost it, since I'm not that familiar with this site yet... we'll get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home