Friday, December 15, 2006

Lawn Ornaments

Am I the only one that gets weirded out by the giant ballon lawn ornaments that are all the craze these days? I mean, they look somewhat okay at night when they're all blown up and grinning at you... That is if you happen to like giant polar bears, santa's, snowmen, etc. staring you down from the sides of the road. However, the part that really freaks me out is the morning drive to work. It's like a Wizard of Oz witch killing every morning. These sad puddles of melted plastic Christmas characters lay in blobs on everyone's lawns. It's depressing. Worse yet are the blow up ones that stay inflated, but that people can't manage to stake down properly. They end up lopsided or crooked or with their heads down, like someone drove by with a machine gun. Ugh. I just hate them. Can you not make due with some lights and a couple wreaths?

3 Comments:

Blogger greg milinovich said...

hi erin. i totally agree with you, and you said it really well! unfortunately, jack seems to love these blimpish balls of tackiness. i will hold out as long as i can, though...

greg.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I have mixed feelings. I don't personally like them. But the kids do so I find some sort of enjoyment in pointing them out as we drive. They are everywhere these days though and they aren't cheap. I see houses that have 5 plus of those blow up or fake snow globe things. I'm suprised they don't get stolen at night and then resold for cheaper on the black market! :) hee hee...

1:11 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Greg - i had no idea you were blogging. I just hopped over to your site and read it all. I'll keep checking.
erin

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home