Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Go Gators!

Normally, I hate teams from Florida. They tend to represent everything that is wrong with collegiate athletics nowadays, where classes are a farce and the players get away with murder (almost literally.) But Monday night saw me rooting for the Gators? Why? Well, its the office poll, of course. This was my first year participating. I had refused the past 6 because, well, isn't that sort of gambling? I've never been one to toss money around with out care. For me parting with money is like parting with teeth... I fight it. Generosity has never been one of my strengths. And gambling is just like throwing money away. But the poll was only $5.00 and I thought it would make the tourney more interesting for me. I don't know if it was beginners luck, or what, but I ended up coming in second and scoring some cash. I beat the a lot of guys and I've been trying not to gloat. If you want to know how I did it, I'll tell you... in almost every case, I just chose the higher seeded team. I had a few upsets and was good going with Georgetown, but really, I rarely strayed from the higher seeds. And when it got to the championship, well, let's just say the only thing I hate worse than a Gator is a Buckeye...

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

That's pretty funny Erin - glad you made some money! Matt almost one the one he was in but he needed Ohio to win. Hope you can go out and celebrate with your winnings this weekend! OH yeah - gloat away....

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home