Thursday, March 27, 2008

Disappointed

It turns out that Linford's father recently passed away and so their concert has been postponed until June. June! That's very far away. I'm bummed out, but what can you do. I hope Linford is doing okay. Apparently, it was sudden.

And since I'm talking about death, there was a period of time a couple weeks ago where I just felt surrounded by mortality. There were several health issues going on around me - a coworker died in a car accident, a co worker's mother had to have emergency brain surgery, my uncle's health had taken another bad turn, an ex-coworker's premature infant didn't make it. And it all happened at the same time and gave me cause to think... Do I really realize that every.single.day is a gift? How much do I take my health for granted? Can you really live as if every day may be your last? Because nobody knows what tomorrow brings. All of our plans, even the little ones, are a bit of arrogance. I need to be grateful. I need to make the moments count. That message is an old one. And easily forgotten. Every breath is a gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home