Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Leaving it hanging

Well, sorry to make a big announcement and then disappear for a month. May was a hectic one. We went to FL for vacation and then I had some business trips to take and M. had a huge project going on at work that was keeping him 12 hours/day. It was all crazy. Add nasty weather to the mix and you had one grumpy household.
Baby is doing well though. We had some relaxing time over the holiday weekend and I got a chance to do some belly watching. You know the kind where you just watch protusions roll across your belly and big kicks and punches poking out here and there. At 23 weeks, they are very obvious now. I'm trying to get N. to sit still long enough to feel or see something, but despite all her talk of the "baby in Momma's belly," I'm still not sure she quite gets the concept. I have another appointment in 2 weeks. I'm anxious to hear what they have to say about the cyst that was found during my ultrasound and about the sudden weight gain. I had similiar weight gain with N.'s pregnancy, but it still feels extreme to gain 10 lbs in a month. I'm still working out pretty regularly, but the weight seems to have come very quickly and suddenly. I'm getting concerned that I'll be quite larger with this pregnancy and I'm scared about it. I'm also concerned that this is going to be a giant baby that requires a hospital delivery. I think I'm going to have to start doing some soul searching to come to terms with my fear of hospitals and doctors if this is going to go in that direction.
I'm also getting really worried about how N. is going to handle this transition. N. is very much a momma's girl. I don't know if it's because M. spent 5 months last year in Philly or if it's just a strong attachment, but "momma" has to do everything. Baths, bedtime, book reading, bathroom trips, etc. It gets very old when there's another person who can take on these functions and she just refuses to go/do/allow that person to help. So, any suggestions on that would be helpful.

I plan on some posting some garden pics soon and would love some more garden talk with those who do it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I was just wondering how you were and you posted something, how nice of you. 23 weeks already thats fantastic! I will continue to pray you are well and will pray for the transition of the new baby into your family. Nadia will become accustomed to momma sharing her time between two.
It might take a bit and be a harder transition that you might like for her but it will work out and she will love her baby! By God's grace maybe the transition will be wonderful and not hard at all. Relax enjoy pregnancy because life will change with another one you alreadu know how it changed with one now there will be more to love!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home