Wednesday, June 04, 2008

OTR finally!

The Over the Rhine concert that I was so excited about in March is now only 2 short days away! An added bonus is that I just found out that greg and and Shannon will also be there. I'm really curious as to what this show is going to be like. It's been over two years since I saw them last, and ironically, I'm pregnant again. No wine to accompany the music. :( I'll survive.
This is a new venue for them in Pittsburgh. I've seen them at the old Rosebud and tiny Club Cafe, but not at Diesel. I've been in Diesel twice and wasn't much of a fan. Additionally, like I mentioned before, I find this current CD - Trumpet Child - to be a step away from what I'm used to from OTR. It was the first CD from them that I practically had to force myself to listen to and it took me quite some time to really get into some of the songs. I realize that artists need to change and try to things to keep from getting bored, but at the same time, a fan wants to have an idea of what they're getting. It kind of reminds me of some of Pearl Jam's later records... you rushed out to get them only to wonder... Is this Pearl Jam??
Anyway, I'll be sure to give you all a post concert review.

4 Comments:

Blogger greg milinovich said...

i'm excited! for otr and to see yunz guys! (sorry, i'm in western pa now and my dialect is starting to kick in).

3:50 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Looking forward to it. Convince those DeMontaigne's to come too...

9:18 AM  
Blogger Kerri Smith said...

Let me know who opens for them. I've been talking with two friends in Nashville who know OTR really well. One toured with them before (he's not on tour now) and another friend opened for them before.
I'm bummed we won't be there! It sounds like a fun mini-reunion. i've never actually seen them live. i missed the show when they came to GCC and i've been kicking myself since!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Good grief, Kerri! Take a road trip and go see them!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home