Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day Two

So, where'd we leave off? Going to bed early the first night.... right.


So the second day, we had a great breakfast (minus the coffee) and got on the road a little after nine. Our next destination was Wagner's Winery and Brewery. We've been there several times, and it's always fun. But we're not normally there before noon.


We got there right as it opened and had a nice, though lengthy wine tasting (some of those folks love to listen to themselves talk) and then moved on to the beer. Same guy did another long beer tasting and then when we bought a pitcher and some snacks, you would have thought he'd never seen a cash register before...


Outside on their giant deck, we shared our beer and I got this:






Now, some of you may be wondering... what? That looks like the engagement ring you got over 10 years ago... and you would be correct. I bent a prong about 3 years ago and have not been wearing my ring since then. So, I'm very happy to have her back.



This place has some swans that are really mean and bite you when you get close, so of course...

He actually bit my leg throuogh my jeans and gave me a nasty bruise.

So, we got back on the road and managed to stay dry for a while, but it caught up with us eventually. It was during this time I was thinking... Cindy goes to Hawaii, Shannon goes to Costa Rica...why am I riding a motorcycle in the rain in Pennsylvania??? But negativity doesn't help anything. We found a place to stop for late lunch near the Poconos. I don't remember the name, but it was another brewery. Then it was on to New Hope. Despite the rain, there was a lot of nice scenery on the way. We went along the river and saw numerous old, beautiful houses. We finally made it to our B&B by 7:30 pm. This was "supposed" to be our nice dinner out since it was out actual anniversary. However, upon getting into our room, I realized there was no hair dryer... Hmmm. And the lady on duty had left the premises. Plus it was still raining outside and there was no way I was getting back on that bike. So, we readjusted our expectations and decided we'd do our special dinner tomorrow in Philly. We bar hopped for a while, but again, just ended up coming back to our room around 11 or so. Riding a bike is hard work!

Day three recap... sometime. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Oh Hawaii is not all its cracked up to be. Just kidding, but I do think its wonderful that the two of you were together and having a wonderful time being together riding a motorcycle. In truth how romantic!

11:05 AM  
Blogger stella g. said...

jim got a bike recently, but in my delicate state, i'm not allowed to ride with him. but rain and all, your posts are making me really want to take a road trip with him. despite the little things, it sounds like you guys are still having lots of fun! and lots of alcohol. :)

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home