Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Too many balls in the air? Or Airhead?

I feel the need to temper the seriousness of my last post with some self deprecating humor...

How to tell when you have too many balls in the air?
1) you show up to a pediatrician appointment on time, but an entire week early just because they called you the day before to remind you of the appt and you didn't check your calendar.
2) you listen to the same CD every time you turn on music because you don't have time to rummage around looking for other CD's that are likely not in the correct cases anyway.
3) you give yourself immense kudos for remembering to give your kids their medicine for 5 whole days in a row without missing any doses
4) you are so on autopilot that you drive to daycare the same way you've been going for three years, only to have to turn around because that road has been closed for TWO WEEKS.
5) you get all the kids in the car and all your "errand" stuff together for the post office and bank, only to realize that they are both closed due to some kind of holiday only they celebrate.
6) you haven't worn earrings for 2 months because you can't find any backs. where do those things disappear to?
7) you have not yet purchased the 2009 photo album, but keep getting pictures developed anyway
8) you put your dogs on rations because you're not sure when you'll be able to get to the store to get them more dogfood.
9) despite the calendar reminder to "meal plan," you just pull chicken and hope for the best...maybe the hubby will cook... and then you go out to dinner.
10) you get to work and go to the bathroom to brush your teeth when you look in the mirror and realize that your black shirt is INSIDE OUT. and turning it around requires extensive babywipe application to all the deodorent marks.

Yes, all of those things have happened to me in the recent past... or perhaps I've happened to them?

3 Comments:

Blogger stella g. said...

wow. i think the dog food one is my favorite. maybe because i've done similar?

9:58 PM  
Blogger shannon_milinovich said...

i have done similar things - you really do lose brain cells with having children. i have gone out into public twice with two different earring, and once with a second earring attached to the one I was wearing!

3:11 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I said that I lost my mind after having my third. TIm tells me, "Honey whats wrong you never used to do stuff like this?" I say ahhh, I know I'm just going crazy. I think thats all this is hysterical, the dog have done before had to make Heather a hot dog once too because I didn't have any food. The earing thing I don't have to deal with because I really feel naked without them and they are one of the first things I put on before my clothes or bra or anything. I always wear silver hoops of some kind because I can't be bothered with cool ones Nathan just tries to rip them out. But my obsession is my ear rings. Really though I understand. ITs crazy to think we used to be normal sane girls looks what happened, we got funnier and happier right! Sorry I am so behind in my reading but I love to catch up everyonce and a while.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home